Sunday, January 13, 2013

Homecoming

I spent a week at my parents' house in NJ. I got back to Philadelphia on Thursday. It was the first time being back in my apartment in about 6 weeks. Somehow it didn't seem completely familiar. My sister is staying with me to help out.

I had my first chemo (of this round) on Friday. My godmother drove all the way from New Hampshire to pick us up from chemo and help me get settled into my apartment. We were ambitious; we wanted to rearrange the living room and put away all the things in boxes and bags, from the hospital. We also went shopping for supplies.

Last night, I didn't feel great. Today I feel worse. My belly is achy and nauseous. I can't wait to not have to cope with daily nausea.

I am getting around pretty well though. I am getting used to having a little leg. Lat night, I dreamt that I was walking up the street. I was aware that I only have 1 leg that reaches the ground, but somehow I was walking anyway. I only have a few more weeks before I get my prosthesis. I am so excited.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Home again and walking before long! That sounds like a really great dream you had too. You must be wiped out today after yesterday's flurry of activity. That itinerary would wipe me out, and the only thing wrong me is I'm a lazy ass. :) Miss you my friend. xoxo barb

    ReplyDelete