Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas vacation

I am at my parents' house with Ken. We are leaving here tomorrow to spend Christmas with his family in Wildwood.

I haven't been feeling well. I have been coughing constantly and vomiting too. I really can't breathe when I am laying down. At best, I am wheezing constantly. It is terrifying to not be getting air in.

Somehow Percocet stops the cough so there is some relief. 

A few days ago, I had physical therapy for the first time sinice the accident. I was fatigued from wearing my leg down my steps and to Ken's car, and from the car to the mat room at therapy. I explained the accident and my injuries.the therapist decided to just do stretches. As I explained the pain, the therapist said she was worried about injuries and said she wouldn't work on the leg until I had an MRI.

Friday, I saw my primary care doctor a d re-explained the accident. He prescribed me painkillers, an MRI for my little leg, and an appointment for an optometrist. He said he chest tube scar looked good.

Thank you for all of your well wishes and holiday greetings. I have been spending my time laying around, watching television and movies.

4 comments:

  1. Have a good holiday season. Know that you are in my thoughts. 2014 will be better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care. I hope that you had a great Christmas otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accident really happens unexpectedly. It’s just sad that it had to happen during the holiday season. I hope your medical bills and therapy are being taken care of. It will be a huge relief on your part. And also, I hope the therapy helps you a lot to recover fast, and that you were still able to celebrate Christmas well with your family and friends. How are you, by the way?

    Vesta @ Zalkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's heartbreaking that you have to spend the holidays in pain. I hope you’re feeling better now. Being in an accident is a nightmare. But I’m glad that you’re getting the right treatment for you to recover quickly. I hope you’re feeling better now.

    Howard

    ReplyDelete