Friday, March 2, 2012

hair loss - day 16

My hair's falling out. I had pulled it back and my fingers came away with hair. I keep running my fingers through it and pulling away more. I should stop, but it's kind of weirdly fun. Luckily, I'm shaving my head this weekend. Let me know if you want to join me.

I need to get a hat, a scarf, wigs. I didn't do it yet. I'm having all kinds of stress about the insurance covering the wig. My doctor gave me a prescription for a "cranial prosthesis" because apparently insurance companies are into word games. I called the insurance company about it and they said that I had to purchase the wig at an in network shop. The woman I spoke with put me on hold for 40 minutes and then explained that there were no "in network" wig shops in Philadelphia. The woman then explained that I could get my doctor's office to request that the wig shop get precertified so that insurance could pay. She said that it could take a few weeks. I explained that I would be losing my hair soon and would like them to help with that sooner than later. Today, I asked a friend to do all these phone calls. It's too much for me. I get too sad when I have to jump through hoops.

I'm feeling kind of down since yesterday. I am getting anxious about the next chemotherapy treatment on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment