Friday, July 13, 2012

scheduling ct scan and mri

I have just spent half an hour trying to re-schedule the ct scan of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis and schedule the MRI of my left knee.

I called the hospital and, after being on hold for a while, was told that I needed to provide the pre-authorization number for the knee MRI. So, I called my doctor's office and was put on hold and spent forever in the tangle of phone options without ever talking to a person.

I gave up and called my insurance company. I spent forever in their tangle of phone options. I entered my birthdate and social security number into the system more than once. When I finally talked to a person, they asked for them again (which seemed weird, but whatever). They said that I had to call a different company to find out. I did, and got a person right away (YAY!) who was not only polite, but was also helpful.

Then I called the hospital back. The woman on the phone said that the CT scan request did not specify whether or not it needed contrast and that, as such, she would not schedule it until it was confirmed by the doctor.

So, I called my oncologist and left a message with Maggie, the wonderful person who typically schedules appointments for me. I hope she gets back to me instantly and that I can just get these tests done so that I can get the surgery so that I can walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment