Wednesday, July 25, 2012

running errands with Athena

Athena has been tremendously helpful. I knew that I would feel better eating more nourishing foods, but I had no idea that I'd feel this much better! I've been eating tons of fruits and vegetables, rather than the semi-healthy frozen foods that I've been living on. I'm also trying to minimize gluten in my diet because my acupuncturist suggested that it might increase any inflammatory response that my body has. I can't afford that; my leg is so swollen, I couldn't wear pants. Luckily, it's hot and shorts are acceptable.

Yesterday, she dropped me off at Methodist to pick up my MRI report. I made a bad decision and read the report which was scary, partly because it used lots of words I didn't know and some words that I did, like neoplasm. I really don't want to have Lumpy II have anything to do with cancer. I'm done with that.

Today, Athena dropped me off at Renaissance Healing to get acupuncture and chiropractic work done. My acupuncturist did cupping on my knee to help reduce swelling. My chiropractor helped with neck stiffness that I wasn't even aware that I had until it went away.

Then Athena drove me to work where I sent out letters to all the clients whom I couldn't reach by phone. I'm not going to be working again until September. I feel a little guilty about my absence, but the families have ways to continue therapy if they are interested. Most of the families said that they'd wait for me.

After work, I dropped off the MRI report at Dr. Junkin's office. Then I hobbled across the street to my surgeon's office to get another prescription for Percoset. Athena picked it up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment