Monday, July 15, 2013

Butter cake and doctors appointments

Chemo was pretty uneventful on Friday. I found out that the sarcoma in my leg was a Synovial sarcoma. It accounts for approximately 5 -10% of sarcomas in adults; sarcoma accounts for approximately 1% of adult cancers, according to Beat Sarcoma It occurs around the knee about 50% of the time and metastasizes about 50% of the time (Your cancer today).So, I guess I had the most common forms of a pretty rare cancer. Dr. Rubin said that she wanted me to get my shoulder x-rayed, as the pain has gotten worse.

Yesterday I walked with Ken 0.6 miles (roundtrip) to Melrose Diner for brunch. I was so proud of my walk there, but I was disappointed that I needed to rest so much on the return trip. We had the butter cake for dessert to celebrate. That cake is like butter with just enough flour and sugar to hold it together. Wow! I feel compelled to practice walking because physical therapy has not started yet. (I am calling to demand it, though.)

Today, I saw my surgeon who seemed impressed with how well my breast and little leg have healed following my surgeries. He was concerned about a mole on my right breast and wants to biopsy it. I guess, once again, I will have a matched set, because the scar on the right breast will be in the same spot as the scar on my left breast. I am a little nervous because all of my biopsy results have been cancer or pre-cancer, but I could break the pattern. I feel a little confused since my breasts are examined so often that it seems a little odd that someone is just now feeling concerned about the mole. I can feel anxious about it later.



1 comment:

  1. The cake walk sounds wonderful, and good on you, you for the proactive, diy, PT!

    ReplyDelete