Saturday, July 27, 2013

Another busy week


(There's no reason for Mr. Bunky's picture to be here except that he is patiently waiting for me to go to sleep so he can sleep, too.)

I started outpatient physical therapy this week at Novacare. I only have 11 more sessions. I aim to be walking with just a cane. PT Dan seemed very straightforward as he evaluated my range of motion and my abilities. 

I had my regular appointment with my gyno on Thursday. I really like her. She spent an hour reviewing my medical stuff from last year with me. I felt so cared for! She was concerned about my support systems and my coping with everything. She's the best! In case you were wondering, I took off my leg for the exam. I was wondering about it beforehand and thought it would be easier without it. 

Friday was chemo again. My shoulder X-ray is totally clear, but my shoulder pain has escalated to where I take painkillers a few times a day. I am getting a ct-scan, a bone scan, and an EKG (my blood pressure is pretty high). I also have the ultrasound and the mammogram the surgeon ordered. I hope we can do a few of these during the same visit.

After chemo and my nap, I went for a walk in the neighborhood. Ken met up for me and we had dinner at a restaurant. We hardly ever go on dates and it was fantastic. I realized that my shoulder hurt less after the walking.

Today, I walked to Ken's house to watch the soccer game. Then we walked to Lucky to have drinks for Rich's birthday. That's about .6 miles total. I left early because my shoulder started aching and I couldn't take deep breaths without pain. 

This breathlessness makes
Me miss the easy air flow
For years I ignored 

Jimmy says that writing haikus helps with pain because it forces you to think in rhythm and in syllable which makes it harder to focus on the uncomfortable body sensations. 

3 comments:

  1. So proud that you are able to do more and more each day! you are a real trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out walking the dog
    Ground rises up to meet me
    My rib is fked up

    He says he is going to work harder on the next one, and thank you for all of the sweet advice.We love you!
    xoxo
    Barb and John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait my comment cut off, it should have started with the words. John says: xoxo

    ReplyDelete