Saturday, November 2, 2013

Post chemo #4





I was especially exhausted this past weekend. I think I slept about 20 hours a day from Saturday through Monday at Ken's house. I missed Halloween parties. I barely ate. When I returned home, Bunky did not leave my side until I felt better.

Then I had amazing pt on Tuesday and Thursday. I am getting the 4 step gait better so I don't have to think about each step. It takes more energy, so I can't go as far.

I even went for a .5 mile walk after pt on Thursday. When I get my energy back, I really try to use it. I figure if i can do the steps, i can walk at least a block. 

Of course, I spend my evenings sprawled in bed, trying to stretch little leg and my lower back which get so tight and achy with the walking. I

Today, I went to an amputee clinic with Ken. I was ready to work out, but it was mostly educational about foot care, recreation, the wellness gym, and yoga. We had a great lunch and I enjoyed connecting with he other amputees.

Then Ken and I met with the men who will put in the bannister on his steps. I am so thrilled about this change. No more bumping up steps on my butt.

Afterward, my parents joined us for a lovely, leisurely dinner at Le Virtu, across the street from my apartment. I did my best in nearly finishing my plate, with some help. Cathy and Francis, the owners, made it a very special night.

I have been organizing my pills by size and shape before taking them, mostly because I am a weirdo.




No comments:

Post a Comment