Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Barnes field trip

I went to the <a href="http://www.barnesfoundation.org"> Barnes Foundation </a> 
with my friend Marcy yesterday. I am a member, so it was free with membership . 
Marcy picked me up and we drove through the city to the museum. 
We parked and I practiced my 4-point walking style with my crutches to the main entrance. We borrowed one of the Barnes's wheheelchairs and set off looking at art work.

Marcy is very familiar with these paintings and told little stories about some of the artwork. I found it fascinating. One day I will be strong enough to go on foot and see the paintings standing up. Though it is pretty great to borrow a wheelchair from amuseum too.

My favorite painting is <a href="http://aestheticapperceptions.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/painting-of-the-day-7/">Flayed Rabbit</a> by Soutine. I like his paintings and kind of wish I painted like him.

After the museum, we went to lunch at Honey's, one of my favorite places in Philly. I felt not sick for the first time in a long time!


No comments:

Post a Comment