Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Post cisplatin & taxol

I was pretty sick for the first few days after chemo. My digestive system was unhappy in most of the ways that it could be and I felt exhausted. I had difficulty eating anything much until Tuesday night.

On Wednesday, I had some energy and walked to the coffeeshop and back. I napped for hours when I came home. I even went out to a Thai restaurant with Ken. On Thursday, I went for a walk with Rebecca at the grocery store. I walked leaning on the cart. Rebecca encouraged me to try walking with my cane.

The next day, I went for a walk with my friend Candace. I walked about .25 miles with just the cane. It was thrilling. On the way back, I stumbled and found myself falling in my prosthesis for the first time. It was very slow, but I couldn't straighten my leg. Luckily, Candace was there to catch me before I hit the ground.

I went for another walk on Friday and even went to the pub with some friends. I had trouble drinking much. Everything tasted like it had been sitting in rusty cans. On Sunday, I went to a fundraiser for STARS (Street Tails Animal Rescue). A friend recommended a ginger cider and it was good. My belly was fine.

Since then, I haven't been feeling so great. I have been running a slight fever and coughing fairly constantly. The oncologist's office said to go to the emergency room because my white blood count was a little low. I will go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment