Monday, September 16, 2013

Recovering from round 2, Cisplatin/ taxol

I have been sleeping and resting all weekend since I had chemo on Friday. I haven't been as sick as last time and I have been eating. 

I had some artichokes and a smoothie made with a nutrition drink and some berries.

It was ok, better than the drink on its own. I have been trying hard to eat, but it's tough, between the nausea and the lack of appetite.

I have a bunch of new prescriptions for pain, nausea, appetite, and coughing. I have an inhaler that I have used every day. It helps when I am coughing so badly that I cannot breathe. 

I think I smell weird too. Ken says that I don't, but I notice a chemical smell sometimes even just a few hours after I shower. To me, it smells like cold cuts and medicine. I hope no one else can tell.

I will be starting at Magee Riverfront outpatient physical therapy next week. Finally! It took over a month to switch from my capitated physical therapy provider who spent less than 10 minutes a session helping me walk. It is tough with the new chemo: in the last 19 days (since it started), I wore my leg for only about 6 days. I spent most of my time resting. I guess we will find out how to make it work for physical therapy. I can't wait to walk without holding onto anything.

In my down time, I have watched way too much television and read a book every couple of days. I started an embroidery project. I am still working on my felt model of my heart and lungs. I am re-working the folk song "I'll fly away" as a song to the tumors. (I will post the lyrics  when I have more energy.) I am bored out of my mind with having no energy. If you have any ideas, do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment