Thursday, September 26, 2013

First day of pt at Magee outpatient

Today Ken and I headed to Magee's outpatient center for my physical therapy evaluation. I met Julie and she watched me walk with crutches. Then she had me doff the leg so that she could examine my limb. My hip flexors are still pretty tight, but I am having trouble laying on my belly to stretch them. Julie told me other stretches I could do.

After that, I walked with a cane. I showed off how well I can have all my weight on lefty for a second, maybe, if one is generous. I showed my generally good stair skills.

Then it was time to go. My appointments are Tuesdays and Thursdays. I feel glad to start, but frustrated by how slow my learning is. I just want to be able to do everything I want again.  

Sometimes, it feels less ok for me to complain since, you know, I am not dead because of the amputation. I miss my leg (when it was healthy) so much. I even miss the knee pain because at least I had a knee that could feel. Although it is nice to not have arthritis anymore. I badly miss the ease of how things were. Things may never be so easy again. Even if they are, I always notice the ease with wonder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment