Wednesday, February 22, 2012

this pleases me

I saw my amazing chiropractor today. He's so awesome. I feel like he's a little bit of my therapist, not just for my back. He suggested that I consider cutting out gluten because if I'm sensitive to it, I might have an inflammatory response which might increase my negative side effects from the chemotherapy.

Afterwards, I walked about center city in the gorgeous too-early-for-spring weather. I got myself some groceries to have on hand at work. Then I met with my wonderful surgeon who said that my port was healing well. Dr. L. said that he didn't think that the metal clip, injected to mark the site of the tumor, "stuck", but he also did not seem to think that it would prevent the tumor site from being identified. He prescribed me a topical cream to numb the port area, so that it won't hurt the next time that the chemo nurses inject it. Yay! He offered me more painkillers, but I still have at least a week's worth. I won't get to see him again until June or July, when chemotherapy is completed. Dr. L. said that I could call him anytime with questions or if I needed more medications.

Plus, I found some fun stuff:
yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment