Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Meet the Chemo Doc

I met the chemotherapy doctor with my friend Emily.

Dr. R. said that she thought Lumpy was "triple positive" and receptive to estrogen, progesterone, and HER2. She explained that that tended to be helpful in using chemotherapy to reduce the size of Lumpy before surgery. She also added that they would have to give me the full mix of medications as well. Dr. R. added that I'd be losing my hair within a month of treatment starting.

Her plan is to start next week on Thursday. Eek!

She also added that I would have treatment for 3 hours straight once every 3 weeks for the next 4 months.

Oh boy!

While we were in the office, a nurse, specializing in helping breast cancer patients, explained the process in more detail and also suggested that I get genetic testing, since this is the 2nd time that I've ever had cancer and I'm only 34.

After this appointment, Emily and I got burgers at South Philly Tap Room. I figured I might not be able to eat them as much for the next few months.


Touch Count: 14

No comments:

Post a Comment