Friday, December 7, 2012

Amputation is likely to be tomorrow.


I spent the day in the hospital with Athena and Ken, some of my favorite people in the world. I learned that it was Thursday, which completely confused me. I mostly spent the time in a strange dream, from which I seem to have just woken.

We spent some time making art goodbyes and honorariums for my Left leg. I appreciate it's strength during hikes, it's endurance during bike rides, the fun we've had dancing. I danced in so many performances as a small child; I learned ballet and how to dance on my toes. I learned tap dancing. I have learned different yoga poses that develop the strength and flexibility of my body.

I took Kung fu classes during college. Matt and quite a few other people, used to play with giant bouncy balls in the dark squash courts. All thanks to having a healthy left leg,

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you Jen in these difficult moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flashed back to you twirling in CollegeNet. Those were good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending you big hugs right now, Jen. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. We're all praying for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. At the moment I am moot shocked or fearful but very much at peace with my decision.


    ReplyDelete