Monday, December 3, 2012

Getting hospitalized

I am getting hospitalized now at Hahnemann University Hospital. My visiting nurse saw that my wound had gotten worse over the weekend.

She called the doctors that they needed to examine my wound. It took forever to remove the old bandages and replace them with new ones. The EMTs came before we were done. Because I was in so much pain and the wound on my knee is on the entire back of it, about a palm-sized area on the outside of my knee, the stair-chair was considered too painful. It would press against the tender spots, making them bleed. The EMTs took me downstairs in the wheelchair. It was the best trip! Not even kidding.

We went to radiation and the resident there said for us to go to admissions, so no radiation today. Athena and I have been waiting here for 3 hours.They don't have a room yet for me, but it should happen soon.




I get lots of bracelets.





Athena is having the time of her life.


I will update you as I know more.


2 comments:

  1. I have no words for how heart-breaking this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful to be in the hospital. The wound is terrifying to the point of nauseating me when I happen to see it. It looks like someone smeared a big dollop of grape jelly on the outside part of the knee.

    ReplyDelete