Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Moved to Magee


I've been moved from Hahnemann University Hospital to Magee Rehabilitation Center yesterday. It took forever. I was told around 2pm that the ambulance would arrive around 3pm to pick me up and take me to Magee (2 blocks away). I asked my friends Maureen and Christina to help me pack up my things. In the process, I realized that I didn't have a reasonable assortment of clothing in that I didn't have any shirts with me. As Maureen frantically packed my things, I asked Rich to please come pick up some of the random art supplies that I had and bring them to my home. Then he could pick out some tops and bring them back with me to Magee. Luckily, he agreed to help me out.

Unfortunately, the ambulance to pick me up from the hospital did not come until almost 5pm. I was left in a room where everything was packed up for 2 hours waiting to be picked up. I just tried to sleep. Remember when I said that Magee is 2 blocks away from Hahnemann? Guess how long it took to travel. OK, it took nearly 45 minutes to go 2 blocks. Yay, traffic!

When we finally arrived at Magee, Rich was there with a bag full of shirts. yay! He hung out during the incredibly long intake. Ken arrived, too. We had a good visit together and they ordered food from the pizzeria across the street as my food was cold and congealed AND I was finally hungry. I ate some food and did pretty good with it. I didn't throw up until 3am.

Today, I had Group and occupational therapy. Group consisted of played pictionary against some folks who had some cognitive deficits. It felt unfair when my team won. There's nothing wrong with my brain though. After Group, an occupational therapist helped me stretch my legs. My goodness, my hips are tight! After OT, I had lunch in the cafeteria. I am trying to eat, but it is still tricky.

I am free the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment