Monday, May 6, 2013

Walking with a cane




Today, I walked with a cane! I didn't go very far and I took quick, tiny steps, but I was able to walk with a cane. Yay!

At breakfast, one of the other patients said that I inspired her because I was "worse off" than everyone else and that I always seemed so happy. I don't think I am worse off. I don't even know how to compare my experiences with those of people with spinal cord injuries, MS, or joint replacement surgeries. At least I am not in pain usually. I started to share these thoughts with her, but she reminded me that cancer is life-threatening and that her illness was not. I forgot about that. Still, I am not planning on dying from this cancer. I expect to be cancer free and walking wonderfully in five years.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Clavicle brace

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete