Thursday, May 30, 2013

CT Scan

I enjoyed visiting my family this weekend. Whenever I find myself in a new place, I realize how challenging it is for me to get around. I am pretty good at walking in my apartment, but I have lots of practice here. It is much harder to walk on carpeting and on unfamiliar areas. I got to show off walking with a cane to my family.

Today I had a CT scan of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis. Ken dropped me off with my walker and I followed the routine that I am way too familiar with: check into the hospital, go upstairs to Radiology, check in there, drink the disgusting milkshake, change, and get scanned. The staff greeted me like an old friend. I wore metal-free clothes, but had to change into a robe anyway. I went to the bathroom and had trouble with the seat. I ended up getting pee everywhere, which was equally hilarious and annoying. I thought that I mastered toilets, but somehow that one was extra tricky.

I should get the results tomorrow from Dr. Rubin. The radiologist gave me a phone number to call to ensure that my results were sent over as soon as they could be. I am a little nervous about it, even though being nervous won't change the results. Last time, I was convinced that Huey, Dewey, and Louie (the metastases in my lungs) were eliminated with all the chemo. I was badly disappointed for a few days afterward. Now, I am just hoping that they didn't grow since March and that no other tumors grew either. I have one wild hope that Louie (the littlest tumor) shrunk to oblivion. Hope is hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment