Tuesday, January 17, 2012

back to dr. b

Dr. B. said lots of things as we met in his office to interpret the ultrasound. Most of it, I instantly forgot. But he said, "category 4c", "irregular", "moderate risk", "hypo-echoic" "2.4cm x 2.4cm x 1.8cm", "dense", and "mobile". (I look up all these terms with Dr. Google later.) He said I might need an ultrasound-guided biopsy.

On the plus side, Lumpy is relatively small and has been found pretty quickly. He also said that I am following up with my medical care.

On the negative side, I don't what's happening at all. I'm asked to make an appointment, but the receptionists have me wait for one. Dr B says that it might involve general anesthesia, local anesthesia, or just be an initial consultation. I don't know how to handle this much possibility.

As I leave his office, I feel nauseous and upset. I had asked a friend to come with me, but she cancelled at the last minute. I thought that she might do that and feel frustrated that I was right. I know that I could have insited that she come, but I didn't want to do that either.

I don't know what "moderate risk" means and how it relates to "highly suspicious". It doesn't begin to make sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment