Sunday, January 29, 2012

initial reaction

I tell Danielle about Lumpy and head to her birthday celebrating. We start at a sushi place. I sit on the very edge of the bench; there's too many of us and it feels good to be crushed in with amazing people. We mostly order the restaurant week special and drink way too much Saporo and sake. It's expensive and I'm having so much fun.

We go back to her house and there's more beer and more fun. I'm feeling pretty good. It's getting late (or early) and I convince a friend to come home with me so that I don't have to be alone.  It's a blissful end to a fairly rough day.

We wake up late and I avoid phone calls from family. I meet Rich and Ken at a pub for brunch. I have bloody marys and wild boar tacos and try to not think about Lumpy. Ken told Rich, but I couldn't do it. I'm exhausted. Nicole comes and we're all talking and laughing.

We leave by late afternoon and I sleep for hours. When I finally go to bed, I can't get comfortable and end up sleeping ridiculously late.

I spend Sunday sleeping and telling friends and family about Lumpy. I feel like I need to sleep a half an hour after each conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment