Monday, October 7, 2013

Brain MRI

The MRI on my brain today went well. Tracy picked me up and Nicole waited with me. The technician was the same one who'd been so rude to me about breast cancer last year. She blew 2 veins before I asked her to get someone else. The next person it the vein right away, but the needle had a bad leak and blood spilled over me, my bag and the floor. There was a lot of blood still when I looked halfway through the cleanup,

The MRI itself was loud, as usual. I imagined a skit in which a person lay on the table. Several people would stand over the person making random noises: one person might clap, another shake his keys, another stomp her feet. People who have never had one don't know the soundscape that they are missing out on.

After the MRI, we went to Tap Room for lunch. I drank cider because it seems the only alcohol that tastes ok to me, ken met us on his way back from his vacation. When I finally got home, I needed a nap.



No comments:

Post a Comment