Sunday, October 13, 2013

Chemo #4 recovery

I had my fourth cisplatin/ taxol treatment on Friday. It makes me tired for a few days. I seem to be less nauseous this time, maybe because I could keep down the anti-nausea meds. Yay!

My brain scan results were not in, but that probably means that there was nothing significant in them. That's good, since brain tumors are considered significant. I also had to promise to go to the hospital if and when I start coughing up lots of blood again. Also, the plan is to try to prevent the cancer from growing by staying one step ahead of it.

So, I am watching football at Ken's house today. It's breast cancer awareness month and the players all are wearing pink sneakers. I know it's for a good cause, but I can't help but feel like it would be better to support all cancer research. About 65% of breast cancer patients tend to survive five years post-treatment. That's great and I hope I am one of those statistics. I don't know the survival rate for metastatic synovial sarcoma, but I know that the median survival rate is one year post-diagnosis. I am not saying breast cancer shouldn't get support, but that it gets so much support that other cancers do not.



No comments:

Post a Comment