Thursday, June 21, 2012

Surgery is scheduled

Yesterday, I met with my surgeon very briefly. He scheduled my lumpectomy for next Friday. Lumpectomy stills sounds like a made up word.

Today, I saw my oncologist. I got a bag of herceptin which took about an hour. I will be getting this $5000 shot every 3 weeks until February. I also got a shot (in my butt) of lupron, which shuts down my ovaries. Blegh. The doctor added that the raised itchy bumps were probably mosquito and that I might be extra attractive to them and/ or extra allergic to them, courtesy of chemo. Chemo's so full of so many surprises.

Also, in case you were curious, I walk like a little old lady with a cane and support hose. I make friends with the grandmas while waiting for buses. It is possible that the last aspiration will make my knee all better, but it isn't statistically likely. I asked my surgeon for physical therapy, as I can't straighten my knee, but my oncologist thinks that no one would work with me because the cyst is still there. Meanwhile, I hobble and rest every half block and take Percocet to sleep or put my foot up.


Today's appointment took so long that I didn't go to work. I was in the office from 11 am to 4pm.

Needle count: 43
Touch count: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment