Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Last Radiation





Today was my last radiation, at least for this round. Hooray!

Ken dropped me off this morning and I hung out with my radiation buddy, Sharon, in the waiting room. Radiation itself was pretty quick. The therapists and I hugged at the end. They are all so nice, but I hope that I don't have radiation ever again.

I saw Dr. Troika and Dr. Komarnicky. They said that I should call if the bleeding gets worse. Then I will get another bronchoscopy and probably radiation on my left lung. Let's hope that the bleeding stops again and my cough goes away.

When I started to leave the office, a staff member congratulated me on finishing radiation and suggested that I ring the bell mounted on the wall. She said it was to celebrate the end of radiation, but that no one had ever rang it before. I got up, crutched over to it, and rang the bell. The doctors and nurses all cheered and whooped for me. Yay!

I took a nap when I got home. Then I called Magee to let them know I was done with radiation. The admissions counselor said I was set to go for Monday. I am thrilled. I can hardly wait to learn to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment