Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Not getting things done

Today has been frustrating. I have put in lots of effort, but haven't been able to get anything done.

This morning, I asked my friend to meet me so that I would have company for my bronchoscope. She wasn't at my apartment by the time I had to leave, so I took a cab by myself to the hospital. She texted me that she had overslept. I checked into admissions and headed up to the 4th floor. When the office started to check me in, the nurse asked whether I had eaten anything. I had. No one had told me not to eat. We had to reschedule the procedure for Friday morning. Before leaving, I told the doctor that I had coughed up more blood, about the size of an egg yolk. She said not to worry, that it made sense that I might be coughing up blood.

By the time I got back to the street, my friends were around the corner. We got coffee and I finally picked up my mail.

I headed out to the pharmacy to get my prescription for cough syrup filled. It was a little long of a walk for me. The pharmacists said that they were out and I would have to come back later.

I am resting up to get enough energy to shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment