Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Walking news

Every day, I notice shifts in my abilities. When I first was standing on my left (prosthetic) leg, I felt like I was leaning far to the left, even when the mirror and therapist told me that I was standing straight. Now, I still feel like I am leaning, but much less so. My brain is resetting what it perceives as straight. All my months of heavily using my right leg had shifted my perception that straight to the right.

Today, I stood on my left leg with my right foot on a ball without holding on with my hands. I also did a lot of walking. I practiced getting in and out of a car. I can walk while continuously moving the walker, which means that I am not leaning on it heavily. Yay!

I am getting 3 hours of therapy a day. I have been here for 9 days. I will be here 6 to 13 more days. I hope I get to leave walking on my cane.



No comments:

Post a Comment