Monday, June 10, 2013

Home from the hospital

I got released from the hospital Friday evening. Ken brought me through a drive-through on the way home. I had been craving fast food since the doctors said that my heart seemed ok. Also, I love drive-throughs. I have never owned a car and find the whole thing so fun.



Saturday, we drove up to North Jersey so that I could christen my nephew Thomas with my brother Andrew. The priests were very accommodating of my walker. They even made me sit at one point, though I know I could have walked around the table. My mother and some aunts noticed that I didn't slather the baby in olive oil, so they brought me oil later to put on Thomas's head to officially become his godmother.

As always, I enjoyed seeing my extensive family and celebrating with everyone. We slept over my parents' house because I was exhausted. I needed to rest.

On Sunday, Ken and I drove back to Philly. We stopped at Art for the Cash Poor, a craft fair/ music event, and visited with friends. I negotiated ramps and grass, which are both way harder than they seem.

This week, I see my rehab doctor, get my heart MRI'd, go to amputee support group, and get chemo. I hope I get to practice walking with a cane too.

No comments:

Post a Comment