Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pneumonia and more!


This morning started out rough. I hadn't slept all night. The oncology resident came by at 7am and said they are discussing whether to put me on blood thinners to treat blood clots in my lungs. The concern is blood thinners might make me cough up more blood which could be dangerous, but the clots are also dangerous. Yay! She said that they were planning to ultrasound my leg to find a blood clot there. 

Later, Dr. Rubin explained that some lung tumors died. Some grew. I don't have cancer in any other body parts. 

I had an EEG which showed a tumor right next to my heart. It didn't penetrate the pericardial sac, which is awesome! It did worry the cardiologists, who suggested that they need to find out whether its squishing any surface blood vessels on my heart. They are conferring with oncologists to figure what to do with it. (Sorry, I haven't named that tumor yet.)

Meanwhile, the ultrasound on the leg showed no DVT. The docs will debate whether or not to give me blood thinners.

I feel pretty good. Nicole brought me pajamas and a burrito. Ken and I had a great visit. I even went for a walk around the unit with my prosthesis. The nurses were alarmed by my pulse going up to 140, but it was ok. I mean, I have been very sedentary for a year and I have pneumonia. What do you expect?

I hope I go home tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment