Monday, June 24, 2013

Princess Leia the Tumor (appears) dead!

I have been feeling nervous over the results of my CT-Scan. I know there is no point to my nervousness, but it takes a person calmer than me to not anticipate these results, particularly in the wee hours of morning. Today, Ken and I went to my appointment with Dr. Komarnicky. She explained that Princess Leia (the tumor) had grown since the earliest scans, but that the pathologist reported that it appeared consistent with necrosis. That is, the tumor seems dead. Yay! I can't quite believe that it's true, so I keep phrasing it in these legal-ish kinds of ways. I don't need radiation on the tumor at this time. Other tumors in my lungs are alive, but I am hoping they also die. Oh, to be cancer-free!


I have been practicing walking also. I attended the Phillies game on Sunday with the amputee support group. I enjoyed tailgating with everyone. I was impressed with the stadium's accessibility and the kindness of its employees. My friend Adrienne helped me crutch around and cheer on our team. I had not been to a game in so long. It felt good to be able to be there.



Also, my brother Jimmy is visiting me today and we walked to Capogiro's to get gelato. The walk there was .3 miles and is further than I walked before. We celebrated with lemon sorbetto and pistachio gelato. Yum!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen...I was at that game and its funny because when I was there I swear I saw you on the big screen they have for a split second...and I thought, damn if that doesn't look like Jen....but it wasn't until just now that I read your blog and realized it was in fact you!!

    That was a muggy, hot day and what was the score like 8-0.......but my hot dog hit the spot as did the large ice cream cone I inhaled :) Sorry I didn't get the chance to say Hi!!

    ReplyDelete