Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tired of cancer

Tomorrow is possibly my 30th chemo since I started last year. I lost count of how many I had during the fall, but it is close to 30. At least 24 chemo treatments were for the sarcoma. I wish it would stop already. I am getting tired of having cancer.

I have had a busy week. I saw Dr. Lax, my rehab doctor, who suggested that I start outpatient physical therapy soon. I attended the amputee support group. I love those folks. I got to be supportive of a newer amputee. I shared how easily fatigued I have been since leaving the hospital. Gerry suggested that I got deconditioned quickly from laying in bed for days. It makes sense, but it is annoying.

I went for a walk today using my crutches and a cane on the sidewalk for the first time. My friend, Candace, helped spot me when I stumbled.




No comments:

Post a Comment