Tuesday, May 1, 2012

knee MRI



Yesterday, I had an MRI of my left knee. My leg hurt to be straight for that long. I tried deep breathing and imagery, but mostly I did my best to hold still so that I didn't have to do it over and over again. I still don't really believe in MRI's.

If you haven't had one, you might not know that they are extremely loud with banging, clanging, knocking, and humming noises. It's almost like a sound effects crew is in the other room. I'm suspicious of technology that could make something that loud without also being able to use noise cancelling technology at the same time. That seems pretty silly. Most people getting an MRI are already in pain or sick with something. At the least, they are nervous that they are about to be diagnosed with something. It seems weird to add arhythmic banging to our experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment