Tuesday, May 22, 2012

little fever

"Perhaps I had a little fever, too. One can't live with one's finger everlastingly on one's pulse."                                         Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness
This weekend, amidst the fun, I had a fever of 102. I called the chemo doctor's office yesterday to report it. Sam, my favorite nurse, scolded me for not calling about it on the weekend. She said that if I had any other high temperatures, I needed to call immediately. I felt bad, but it's hard to feel motivated to call in the middle of the night when I don't feel good. I live alone and I don't have anyone else who can call for me.

Last night, I didn't feel great when I came home from work. I had a temperature of 99.9. I called the nurse who left a message for my doctor. Randi, my other favorite nurse, called me today for the details. I haven't run anything high today, but I'm achy all over, I'm exhausted, and my underarms are sore. I take ibuprofen regularly, so it might be masking a fever. I'm always tired and achy though. Randi said that I need to go in first thing in the morning to get a blood culture done to find out why my temperature's been high.

No comments:

Post a Comment