Monday, May 21, 2012

weekend fun

Saturday, I tied my cane to my bicycle so that I could attend the Italian Market Festival with some friends. I can walk about a block or so before I need to rest, but I can bike for a while before I need to rest. Coasting is helpful, too, as I can get myself toward my goal using gravity and momentum instead of muscles and joints. An old lady had words with me about the cane on my bike, but I think she was just confused about it. I mean, it is pretty strange.  I spent the day with friends. When I got home, I was running a fever. Maybe I had too much sun or not enough water or too much fun.

Yesterday, I competed with my quizzo teammates at The 2nd Annual Spring Invitational at City Tap House. We held first place from round 2 - round 4, but came in 4th after a not-so-great 5th round. We won t-shirts, though, and that has to count for something.

It's amazing what having a little fun can do to cheer me up. I hadn't gone out with a group of friends since maybe my birthday. I don't mind paying the price in exhaustion now. I'd probably be exhausted regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment