Tuesday, May 15, 2012

look good, feel better

I am doing well after my last chemo on Thursday. I'm still tired, but luckily I don't have anything to do at work today, so it doesn't really matter.

Yesterday, I attended look good, feel better, a program aimed at helping women with cancer deal with the cosmetic side effects of treatment. I found out about it through my oncologist's office, though I also knew the social worker involved in it. There were only 5 other cancer patients in the group; one was close to my age and the others were much older. Two cosmetologists assisted and educated us on basic skincare and applying the fancy new donated makeup. Apparently, the lipstick that I got in my bag was worth $40. Nice! It was helpful finding out ways to make my eyebrows not look completely missing.

I also received a new wig. This one looks more like my natural hair and is long and curly at the ends. I had fun trying on the different wigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment