Thursday, May 17, 2012

work stuff

My boss's boss called me today to talk about my time off. She sent someone from HR to figure out the details of my time off from work, since I do miss a number of days. I've been out 25 days since January; I try to be conservative with time off, but I'm already out of sick time for the year. Actually, I owe 3 hours of sick time. I never worked at a company before that was so precise about time off.

Sharon (from HR) suggested that I leave work early when I'm tired (which I already do). She said that I will get paid for the whole day because I'm exempt from overtime. (In the past, I've had to use sick time to leave early.) We called my boss's boss to check on this solution, but she said that she knew that I'd probably feel pressured to stay for the whole day. She proposed that I plan to come in for half days until treatment was over (in October) and that I get paid for full time. Sharon added that I still can get short-term disabilty for time off following surgery. That works out even better than I'd hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment