Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday was a long day. I slept badly because I was worried that the bandage would leak. It didn't start to leak until the EMTs brought me down the stairs and the bandage twisted.

I explained the bloody spurting from Sunday and Dr K looked at the wound. She said that everything looked good and suggested that the nurse had pulled out a "plug" when changing the bandage. I got radiation, but with my legs resting around a different foam form. She explained that this form would reflect less radiation on the skin and cause fewer damages. Dr k said that she was going to give me a radiation vacation during the week of Thanksgiving and that I was getting 40 more treatments (I think).

Two of the super-nice nurses moved me across the street. Somehow I was taken back within an hour, instead of waiting that long just to check vitals. I was very sleepy, but had trouble sleeping all the way. I seemed to get a ton of texts, so I spent my time with catnaps and responding poorly to texts. After the infusions were done, around 3pm, I got moved to an exam room where I immediately called transportation for my ride home. I waited for Dr Rubin for almost an hour. Luckily, the transportation crew called and said they were running late.

Dr Rubin said that we would have chemo next week and that chemo would stop around the same time as radiation. Afterwards, we would have tests to see what the sarcoma looked like. After this appointment, I went downstairs to the lobby expecting to wait for the ambulance. When I got there, the EMTs were there. It was perfect.

The visiting nurse arrived soon after and gave me a new bandage. I spent the rest of the afternoon lounging half awake and then hanging out with Ken when he came after work.

I am very tired and have been all day. My only other symptom is the awful, simultaneous constipation-diarrhea, but that's already sharing more gross stuff for the week than necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment