Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Good news all around: I am back home

I didn't have to go to the hospital today. Yay!

Dr. Rubin said that she liked the softness in my calf. She added that before it was hard, like an infection, and she thought 'something' was growing there'. Neither she nor the nurses were too concerned that I missed yesterday's treatment nor that I missed it because I could barely move my leg.

Mia, my friend, stayed with me for while, then left to do other things. I think I fell asleep when she left. I woke up to Dr. Rubin leaving the room because she didn't want to wake me up. I explained that I took all of my of my drugs today so that I could take the ambulance. The doctor and nurses all laughed at this comment. I think I did well; Dr. Rubin only had positive things to about me and my knee. I think I forgot to mention some things, but I can call with questions. They even easily renewed all of my prescriptions.

When i was told that i could leave, I had to wait about an hour for the ambulance to pick me up. Sara, one of the chemo nurses, waited with me for most of that time. I said that I had had a friend to take across the street to chemo on Monday, because it is across the street and if the EMTs do it, it counts as a separate trip and the nurses were often busy so I had to wait a bit. Sara, the nurse, said for me call them because someone was likely to be free and could take me; her comment brought tears to my eyes.

When we got to my apartment, Nicole was already there and helped us in. Nicole brought me some food so the pain drugs would absorb faster. It is so hard to eat when I am not hungry and feel nauseous from pain, but she definitely helped. Then I slept for a long while. Ken came over with some sushi.

Things are much now than they were this morning when I was sure that I would be hospitalized. Tomorrow, my pick up time is at 12pm, so I can sleep in for a little while.

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment