Thursday, October 11, 2012

Heading back to Philly




Today I spoke with Maggie, the scheduler at my oncologist's office, and she said that I was to come to the office tomorrow and that I should bring a bag because I was probably getting hospitalized from there.

I have been camped out on my parents' couch for the last few days. I am not in Dad's chair anymore and I am not in Mom's chair either. I can't really tell whose seating I disrupt, but it doesn't really matter as we all seem to find a place.

I had some lovely visits with my great-aunts Thea Mary and Thea Sophie on Sunday and my "Aunt" Lorraine and "Aunt" Linda on Monday. The visits took place around the kitchen table for hours and really stretched my limits in sitting in my wheelchair. In my apartment, I sat in my wheelchair for only about an hour a day. It makes sense that it took a few days to recover. I am in less pain today than I was on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I realize as I am writing that I am too sleepy to write much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment