Thursday, October 25, 2012

I don't really have much to say. I am wide awake at 2 am and am still in the hospital. I just snacked on crackers in my bed, which is silly because there are crumbs everywhere. I haven't eaten too much today, though, because of nausea and vomiting. A snack-attack is probably okay for me. Hopefully, I go home today after Radiation. Cross your fingers, wear your lucky t-shirt, rub your rabbit's foot, and say prayers. I can use all the help that I can get

I had some amazing sleep earlier. I had to negotiate with Ken and Athena to stay a little longer because they wanted to let me sleep and I wanted their company. I feel so lonely that when I do have company, I am greedy for friends to stay as long as possible. I could barely keep my eyes open at 9pm to say the goodbyes. I probably was asleep before they left the hospital. I know someone did vitals wound this time, I just don't even remember it.

Around 11:30, I woke up to the Nurse's Station squawking at me through the intercom, checking to see if I was ok. I told them I was, but a few minutes later, a nursing assistant came banging on my door to see if I was ok. Apparently, somehow, there was a short in the call button system so that my room light was on, signaling that I needed assistance. The nursing assistant fixed the button and I went back to sleep.

Around midnight, someone came in to do vitals again. I can almost sleep through this process, except this time, I was dizzy and nauseous, like I was much of the day. (I didn't think that I would enjoy writing about vertigo-induced nausea and vomiting, so I decided to write about the night instead.) My nurse opened a window and a door to increase the air circulation. It helped and I went back to sleep.

In about half an hour or so, someone is going to come in my room and measure my blood pressure, test my pulse, record my temperature, and check how much oxygen is in my blood. Usually, my blood pressure is 112/60 but last time it was 146/70. I don't know what that means. When I have a thermometer in my mouth, I am focusing my attention on 98.8. Even though they do not take blood when I have a fever, they do end up taking my temperature several times, with several different devices from several different people. Annoying!

Also, within the hour, the nurse will fill 3 test tube vials with my blood. She does this from the tubing to my port so it doesn't hurt. There's a green one, and a blue one, and a lavender one. Also, annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment