Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Feeling better, by the numbers

First, thank you, everyone, for your encouragement and support. It means the world to me and helps me to keep up my spirits. Please keep emails, comments, texts, and cards coming. Also, I apologize if I am slow at responding; I am busy napping and doing everything else necessary to get Sneaky to leave and to repair the damage his existence caused.

Next: the update.
"Grown ups like numbers." The Little Prince, by Antoine Saint-Exupery

I am going to use numbers to explain stuff, to satisfy the grown ups.

It has been 6 days since my last chemo treatment. This treatment is way tougher than the breast cancer chemo that I received earlier this year. Today is the first day that I haven't gagged or retched.

During PT today, I went for a walk from my living room to my front door and back, about 25 feet. My pulse went 10 points, to 118, from the effort.

Today, so far, I ate: most of a can of chicken soup (240 cal), a Popsicle (80 cal) and half a bowl of oatmeal with extra raisins (160 cal). Those approximately 480 calories are more than I consumed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday combined.

My knee is less swollen and my foot looks more swollen. My left knee is approximately 19" in circumference, while my right knee is approximately 15" around. My left foot is about an inch bigger than my left no matter how I measure it.




I don't want to talk about hospital bills or anything money-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment