Monday, October 29, 2012

Post chemo and pretty good

I am still in the hospital. I had chemo on Saturday and it wasn't terrible. I was nauseous from Saturday night to Sunday night, but did not have any other major side effects. Yay!

Because of a giant hurricane hitting the area in the next day or two, my doctors suggested that I plan to stay in the hospital until the weather calms, possibly Wednesday. They were concerned with my missing radiation appointments or in having difficulty getting to the hospital if my leg became infected. Being in the hospital also means that I probably won't lose electricity or run out of food.

My leg is still leaking. The nurses change the bandages on it every few hours. It does not hurt, but I sometimes still feel scared when I see the amount of fluid from it.

A group of doctors from the Infectious Disease department examined the leaky spot behind my left leg. They agreed that there was no sign of infection and that the skin was probably thinned from radiation. The doctors took a sample of fluid, but said that it probably would not be too informative unless they saw something very unusual.

My parents visited this weekend, along with Athena and Ken. My mood is a little lighter. I am excited to have a safe view, if Hurricane Sandy is crazy and to go home sometime soon, if it isn't.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I'd say it but I'm glad you'll be in the hospital in light of the hurricane and the reasons you listed.

    ReplyDelete