Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chemo recovery

I am pretty best up with this chemo. There is a part of me wondering if it makes more sense to be in the hospital and get 4 done at a time instead of having 4 terrible weekends. On the one hand, I sleep when I am at home. On the other hand, I had IV fluids in the hospital.

I cannot really discuss the nausea right now, except to say that it is ever present. I am pretty sure that I am dehydrated. Last night, I threw up ginger ale and iced tea. I have kept down apple, melon, a handful of crackers, and half a smoothie. When I had the 4-chemo-in-a-row, I did not eat from Thursday until Sunday,and then I ate very minimally. I am eating way more, but I have been sicker.

Cancer is so awful and this chemo is exhausting. I miss being awake for most of the day. I miss walking. I have used a commode on the side of my bed because I did not have the energy to get myself to the bathroom. I feel bad for the people who have emptied it for me. Yesterday, I made an extra effort to use the bathroom ( which really involves using a walker inside of the bathroom).

I can't wait until I feel a little better. A visiting nurse is coming today. I hope she has some ideas that help.

2 comments:

  1. Aww man honey, this sounds rough, wish I could help take the nausea away- I hope the nurse has ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you can still write about how horrible you feel is remarkable. You are creating a unique document. I love your spirit.

    ReplyDelete