Thursday, August 9, 2012

Back to my parents' house

I met with my orthopedic doctor this morning because of running fevers since the surgery on Friday. He undid all of the Ace Bandages on my leg: from thigh to toes. He also changed the bandages on the wound. My leg was covered in ugly bruises. Dr. Junkin said that I would need an ultrasound test to make sure that I didn't have a blood clot.

He had other news, too. Dr. Junkin said the the material from the cyst was still being studied by pathologists to discern exactly what Lumpy II was.  Dr. Junkin said that it was malignant and may be related to Lumpy or to breast cancer treatment, or be unrelated.

I know I am hiding this scary information, but I cannot absorb it right now. It's the second time this year that a doctor has told me that I have cancer cells in my body. I cried a little, but mostly I am completely exhausted.

Athena drove me back to our parents' house. The ride was rough because my leg had to be at a weird angle and her air conditioning did not work.

1 comment: