Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pain drugs and tests


First off, the MRI's last night went well. My nurse gave me morphine to tolerate the test and re-upped part way through. I was so glad that Athena and Ken waited for me so I could share the weird dreams I had during the tests. Hollace had come earlier and brought pretty yellow flowers.
The doctors took me off the morphine drip last night and gave me longer acting narcotics. I still woke up twice in pain, though. The nurses changed my various IVs. I had an anxiety attack this morning when the nursing assistant weighed me, as I lost 10 more pounds since the beginning of the month. I havent weighed this little since middle school. I know I haven't been eating well in the hospital, but I tend to be given pain drugs right before a meal. Also, neither pain nor morphine are helpful in eating this hospital food.


Today's plan: 

  • possible CT scan of lungs ( or having the previous records accessed)

  • lung biopsy. 

  • Find out what MRI said

  • Psych consult for anxiety

  • Get prescriptions for pain control and blood thinners

  • Meet with physical therapy folks

  • Go home


Also this week's plan:

  • Wednesday: radiation setup for breast cancer

  • Thursday: chemo for sarcoma

  • Friday: go to orthopedic oncologist



It is a lot. 


Location:Vine St,Philadelphia,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment