Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tired and nauseous

I am recovering from yesterday's chemo. I am very nauseous and my leg really hurts. I can't get comfortable. Athena put on Monty Python and got me some egg drop soup for nourishment. I was scheduled for an ultrasound on my leg to check for blood clots, but rescheduled it because I was too nauseous. My orthopedic doctor called to make sure I knew about the sarcoma. He said it was sent to Mass General and had not been fully discerned. I have an appointment tomorrow  to get stitches out from the Baker's Cyst. I am excited to see the scar.

 I am so grief struck by this new medical adventure. I cry easily and at the smallest provocation. I am tired of having cancer and feeling sick. I am tired of not being able to walk or sit without pain. I miss walking around in my neighborhood and seeing friends. I regret that I didn't bike more last year, but I feel like I created enough awesome memories of fun times hiking in the woods, tubing down rivers, camping, biking, walking around my neighborhood, going to shows, dancing at parties, and just getting around to almost satisfy my mind. I haven't been able to focus on reading today, but maybe when the soup and drugs kick in, I will.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling a little better post soup and monty python. I'm really sorry you have to go through this. Much love to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it is getting better.

    ReplyDelete