Thursday, August 23, 2012

Most relaxing day in weeks? Months?

I spent today re-reading my journal, watching bad television and feeling luxuriously relaxed. Besides an orthopedic resident who saw me around midnight, I have not seen any doctors nor had any tests. My body is in less pain than it has been since I was admitted to the hospital on Friday. Yay! I think it's because I haven't had to move too much. My nurses are very attentive and quick when I need support. Rounds are at 6 am and I will meet my team then.

My parents are coming to visit this weekend. Other folks have shared that they'd like to come, too. If you want to visit, that's great! Please check in with me first so that I don't overwhelm or exhaust myself and to make sure I am not in testing.

Love to everyone. Hooray for the doctors who figured out my pain drug regimen. It is easier for me to be hopeful when I am clean, in fresh clothes, pain free, and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment