Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Good news & bad news



I have to keep this brief for the pain, etc.



Good news:

  • my brain is fine! There were no problems with the brain MRI. 
  •   Lung nodules look the same from a month ago. 
  • The orthopedic oncologist I am scheduled to see is world renowned.
  • Doctors are increasing painkillers
Bad news:
  •  The sarcoma in my leg is so large that it isn't clear from MRI where it ends.
  •  I will be in hospital at least till Friday, possibly getting admitted to Cooper Hospital in NJ.
  •  I have a fever.
  •  I am in pain.
  • The ct scan of my lungs was really tough. The dye IV burst and got stuck all over my hand.
  • I lost 10 lbs since the beginning of August. I am having a very tough time eating, because of pain, drugs, and unappealing food.
Current plan:
  • Continue pain management
  • Go to radiation set up tomorrow
  • Take an ambulance to ortho onc in nj on Friday.
If you want to "do  something":

I appreciate visitors and texts. Phone calls are trickier if I am out of it or busy with hospital people.
  • Bring On the funny & distracting.
  • Research orthopedic oncologists, particularly related to insurance, if possible.
  • Come visit, or someone can work out a schedule for visits.
  • Check in, support my caregivers, especially Athena, Ken, my parents and siblings.

Needle count: 77




1 comment:

  1. You can do this Jen, you can. Remember you can handle anything for one minute. I have misplaced my phone since Monday night, but I am on email and following the blog. Sending big love and hugs. XO BR

    ReplyDelete