Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Calming down





I had a tough night through early afternoon. I seemed to burst into tears at the smallest gesture. I felt angry at the tiniest provocation. I felt like I was snapping at my brother and at friends. Then, my gorgeous friend Elizabeth visited with me and calmed me down sort of by absorbing all of my energies. I have felt so much better since.

I have used my walker to get myself to and from the bathroom. Twice! The second time I was completely fatigued; it was like I had run up 2 or 3 flights of stairs. The nurse said it was ok because I could make conversation while I caught my breath. I felt proud for using the walker, but shocked at my weakness. I will be stronger. Every day I will have more endurance.

This evening, Dr. Thomas (who coordinates my treatment team) suggested that I use my brand new wheelchair to leave my hospital room. My brother brought me to the Contemplative Garden. I loved being outside, smelling lavender and lilacs, listening to water flowing over a stone wall. I felt calm and peaceful.

I also started the Lovanox, a needle I get twice a day in my belly to thin my blood.

Needle Count: 82

3 comments:

  1. Being able to leave the room sounds like a really great thing. It's nice to go outside sometimes. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (apparently Google has decided I have a screen name..this is Janet.)

    ReplyDelete