Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 2 in the hospital

Today I have been sleeping on and off all day. Like yesterday, I would fall asleep when I closed my eyes, but sometimes only for a few minutes. Last night, I had tremendous scary dreams, mostly about being stuck somewhere, because my legs wouldn't move.

This afternoon, they cut off the morphine supply and restarted me on Percocet. As long as I have something, I am good. I had physical therapy and occupational therapy come help me today. I used a walker to get from my bed to the hallway. I got dizzy, so we stopped. They helped me use the bathroom too before they left.they want me to be able to climb stairs and walk further before I leave.

I have also been running a fever (up to 102.1) today.  It didn't respond to Tylenol, at first, so I had to get a chest X-ray. It came down when we switched to Percocet, which has tylenol in it. I have less sensation in my foot than before surgery. Doc says it may be due to inflammation from surgery.

The orthopedic team just examined me (at 3:45am!) and said that the ace bandage wrap from my thigh to my toes would stay there until my follow up with junkin. They gave me additional exercises to help stretch and strengthen my leg.

Needle count 69 (1 shot of heparin & 1 shot for a blood culture)

1 comment:

  1. Chill out already, would you? See what I did there, fever-chill out? Ha! Thinking happy thoughts for you, but I want to come tell off the Ortho team for rounding at 3:45 am. :) Any word on your blood cultures?

    Keep the faith with PT/OT, I bet you'll be up and around in no time, well, relatively speaking!

    Is someone going to be with you for these first days post-op? I wish I could come out there to help you out. I really do.

    ReplyDelete